Thursday, December 5, 2013

A Different Kind of Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving was celebrated totally different this year. Since my dad died two years ago, holidays have been a bit odd. My little family and I are learning new traditions and how we want to do our holidays going forward. Donald and I decided to take the kids out of town on a mini vacation this year for Thanksgiving. I felt a little guilty because I have never *gasp* spent Thanksgiving in a restaurant! Wasn't even sure it was entirely legal. But hey, you only live once so why not. We packed and set off for the Ozarks. First stop Eureka Springs and the Grand Tavern Restaurant.

While coming through the door of the restaurant, I did happen to notice a few "looks" from people. I totally knew they were cussing us under their breath for bringing two little bits into this fancy establishment. Come on people....it's "Arkansas Fancy"....it's not really Fancy Fancy. Get over it. Not going to lie, there was a little part of me that was praying they did not wipe their boogers on the table clothes, or see which one could fart loudest inside the wine glasses. They did great. On our leaving, we got a lot of compliments on how well our children behaved. Well, yeah. They are only the best kids on this planet!

   


After our feast, and I must say I am SOLD on going out to eat on Thanksgiving, (Go ahead, judge me. Try it one time and you will totally be sailing my sin ship with me!) we headed to Branson to our cabin and a weekend of shopping, Silver Dollar City, and games. 

I am totally against Black Friday shopping. To me it is like greed on speed. I just do not understand why people are drawn to this crazy day of the year. People....it will be the same price for a week after BF. And, you won't have to act like a three year old crack addict in order to get the purple snuggie you HAVE to have. I say all of that to say that my beloved tricked me into going into a store on BF. So now, I have to admit that I have been into a retail shop on BF. My character has taken a beating!!! I still love him though; he gave me awesome kids. And he takes very good care of me. I shall keep him around. 





Above is a picture of our cabin we stayed in. It is quaint and lovely isn't it? This is the same picture that was posted online when we reserved the cabin. It was PERFECT! Secluded, rustic, warm and cozy. What they didn't show us online was that if you turn around the opposite direction of this cabin you will see this......


Yep, we stayed in a trailer park. Sigh....

Trailer park and all, we had a fabulous time! We are planning our trip next year. Maybe a large city. Chicago? New York? Who knows. I do know this is the beginning of a tradition. 






No comments:

Post a Comment