Thursday, May 23, 2013

Tragedies and Milestones

It has been a whirlwind of activities this past week. The last week of school brought with it storms, school parties and kindergarten graduation. It was a week of tears; happy and sad. On Monday we cried for our neighbors in Moore, OK.....and we continue to cry and pray. Lives were lost, destroyed, uprooted and turned upside down when a F-5 tornado plowed through their lives. It saddens me to the core. I have lived in a few different places in the US, and traveled to far more places. No matter where I have been, people always say "Oklahoma people are SO NICE, they are just good people." I always knew this to be true, and this week just proves it even more. Okies, well, we just take care of each other. We have been through some bad times. Bombings, tornados, floods.....but we always come out of it stronger than before. In the past I always wanted to get out of Oklahoma and move to somewhere more exciting. I think I will hang around for a bit longer.



Aulton hit a major milestone this week. He is officially a first grader! He is so excited. He had a speaking part in the graduation ceremony and he nailed it! On the way home he was so excited to get home and go through all of his things that he was given at graduation. He was most excited about opening his rolled up diploma with the pretty yellow ribbon wrapped around it. He rushed in the house, threw all of his stuff on the floor and hurriedly unrolled his 'diploma'. He made the saddest face and said "momma, it is a blank piece of paper." I explained that they did that so that the real diploma would not get messed up and then I showed him his real diploma in the envelope. He looked at me, still hacked off, and said "momma, when I graduate from college there better be something written on my rolled up diploma!"

Madelyn is officially a pre-K'er!!! She had a an end of school party with her friends. On the way home from school she did a fist pump down to her side and said "oh yeah, made it to Mrs. Dills' class"! She has big plans for her upcoming pre-k year. She honestly believes that she will get to wear her princess dresses to school every day. I read a paper that was sent home and it read "pre-3 stats". On it, it listed her favorite color was purple, favorite food was pizza, favorite thing about school was everything, and the big question of what do you want to be when you grow up......Rapunzel!


We are just a bit crazy about Rapunzel



No comments:

Post a Comment